Being agile in enterprise
This is an interesting podcast about how Google created a new product in an entirely new domain and how they did in an enterprise environment.
Typically, these podcasts are about how start-ups are creating new products and for teams in established companies it can be hard to relate to how start-ups work contra how enterprise companies work.
- We touch how it is to work inside of Google and start something new.
- We learn about how Google is very supportive of new initiatives and how to promote them internally at Google.
- We learn about the product managers mindset in creating a new product is not much different in an enterprise setting compared to a start-up. A
- And most importantly we learn how important it is to be agile and not commit to roadmaps when you are trying to build something new in and entirely new domain.
- You must commit to the work you intended to do, but you also must communicate that we are experimenting with this new domain and thereby set the right expectations.
I really like this talk and it is nice to hear from someone working in and enterprise setting and myself. So go listen to The Bard blueprint | Creating value, shipping fast, and advancing AI ethically | Jack Krawczyk (Google)